Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The planner

I'm definitely not the most organized person.  My apartment was always a bit messy, I've never had a clean desk at work, and I've been able to utilize a daily planner for about 3 days, tops.  That said, when it comes to events and upcoming things that are out of the ordinary, I am a list-maker-extraordinaire!  For example, a group of friends and I are going camping in a little over a week.  We'll be gone for 2 nights, so no big deal really, but I have booked the campsites and created a fantastic spreadsheet for meals and supplies.  One page shows the schedule, what we'll eat and need and when.  One page is the shopping list, with a Costco list, a grocery store list, a list of foods to gather at home, supplies I have at home, and finally a list of things I hope someone else has.  Finally, a list of things to do the day we leave.  And now I'm looking for more lists to make, to make sure everything is ready.  I can't wait to finally shop for everything, and get everything prepared and packed! 

I'm loving this.  Loving planning for a simple little trip.  I can't imagine how much fun it will be to be planning a bigger event, a wedding!  It might be overwhelming, though, since I'm making this little camping trip into such a huge thing.  I feel like I'm preparing myself for a bigger planning project, ready for the challenge of making lists, making plans, and putting together a fabulous event!  I love ensuring that people are cared for and fed and enjoy their time, making it easy on them.  So I'm ready, and excited to plan.

How quickly did you burn out from planning?  Did you feel like you were getting ready to plan a wedding by planning other events?

No comments:

Post a Comment