Thursday, March 15, 2012

Going Nowhere Really Fast...

Not us, just our planning.  It's so far in the future still!  It's exciting because there is a WEDDING to plan and think about and gush about, but I honestly am feeling kind of stuck again.  It almost makes me want to move the wedding up so I can get started on stuff, but I don't want to stress myself out yet either.  So I'm taking a rather chill approach right now.

That said, I keep having freak out moments, where I will see something on Pinterest, say a guestbook, and think to myself "OH MY GOD!  I don't have a guest book picked out yet!"  This leads to some frantic searching on Pinterest, Etsy, and anywhere else I can think, until about 5 or 10 minutes later I realize I still have like, a year before I even have to worry much.  That and we haven't nailed down the feel or theme or colors or anything.  So it is pointless.  But it feels like there is so much I should be doing!  I think my frantic searching may also be wearing me out and making me burn out on weddings a little (already?), which is terrible!  It doesn't help that I have been reading wedding blogs for over a year now...

I guess my next step would logically be to discuss with Dino how we want this whole shebang to feel.  I think he might have a different idea than me, especially when it comes to formality (and what is and isn't formal).  He seems to have jumped on the black tie bandwagon, where colors are subdued and everything is formal.  I'm more on the side of bright colors and fun, but still formal (because how often are we and all our friends all dressed up?  That makes it formal automatically, right?).  So there is something we need to hash out.  And then we really should make a list of venues we would like to see in person, tour them, and decide on that (although since we're looking at houses to buy one soon, I am not enthused to be looking at any more buildings right now!).

Am I the only one who feels like planning starts out so slowly?  How do you just jump right in, go from being a girlfriend one day, to suddenly having basically a new job in planning a wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment