Monday, August 26, 2013

I'm Married!

It's official, I am a wife, and have a husband!  I seriously never thought I'd see the other side of the wedding, but here we are!  It's incredible the emotions I've felt the last couple of weeks.

Here's why I am so glad the wedding is over:

  • So much less stress
  • No more guest drama (so and so isn't coming and didn't tell me, so and so is coming, blah blah blah)
  • All my to-do lists can be retired
  • I don't have to worry about everything actually happening
  • No more communicating with vendors
  • No more worrying about weather
But the day itself was AH. MAZE. ING.  Like, seriously.  The weather turned out to be way better than expected, even better than I could have ever hoped!  My dress was beautiful, and Dino was so surprised by it and loved it.  The flowers were incredible, so beautiful and so perfect.  The ceremony was pretty quick, but there wasn't a dry eye in the house when my father-in-law, our officiant, started to tear up and lose it during his message.  It was so special to have him marry us, and have our best friends and brothers stand up with us.  The food was so delicious (even if I couldn't fit much in with my tight dress) and the cake turned out lovely and tasted better than anything.  The toasts were so heartfelt and had a great mix of jokes and sentiment, they truly made us feel like not only were we the coolest people ever, but that we are meant to be together since everyone else sure seems to think so!  I got more hugs from small children than I can count, and more compliments than ever before.  There was so much love surrounding us, so many smiles and laughs, happy tears and all!  The dance floor was never empty, and neither was my heart!  

I just can't get over how wonderful it all was!  I am dying to get pictures back, because the sneak preview we've seen is, obviously, incredible.  

Seriously.  Can you believe that sky?  And how fun are the ribbon wands?  Does it look like some are spelling "JOY" behind my head or what?!?!  Photo by Jenny GG

And I hope she captured the little things I wasn't able to see, like people blessing our rings on the ring tree, or our brothers putting on their bright colored sunglasses during the recessional!  

I can't believe it is all over, but at the same time, I'm so relieved.  Now we get to start the rest of our lives together, and hopefully live happily ever after!  

I feel like I want to share the beautiful day with the whole world, and might do some sort of recap once we get the photos.  But I do want to talk about our honeymoon for sure, and there was a lot that I never posted beforehand!  Man.  Weddings are awesome, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment