Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Obligatory "Hello, and Welcome!"

Hello, and welcome!

I realize that pretty much 0 people will read this first post anytime soon, but should someone be at all like me, eventually it will be read!  I have the habit of discovering blogs, going back to the first post, and reading every. single. post.  It's quite time consuming, but I enjoy it.

So years and years and years ago, I had a livejournal account that was open to everyone, then slowly I became more worried about privacy, and closed it off, first allowing friends to read it, and now no one can.  But I love the idea of someone out there reading my words, however unsignificant they may be.  Plus I have an idea of a theme finally!

I have a confession.  I am addicted.  Super addicted.  To wedding blogs.  Yep, wedding blogs.  Pictures of pretty dresses, DIY decoration tutorials, theme and color ideas, recaps of all events, pretty flowers, and everything else that goes along with it.  The confession part?  I am not even engaged.  Nope!  No ring on my finger.  I do think it might be somewhat excusable, as I have been with my wonderful boyfriend for over two years, and we have discussed marriage a bit, and we're pretty much on the same page as to where the relationship is going.  So at some point, I do expect to be engaged, and I'll have a head start, right?  I've even started writing down ideas in a notebook!  Wow, that is kind of pathetic, but I just can't stop reading the blogs! 

Hopefully at some point this will evolve into a wedding blog itself, just to document my own foray into the wedding world.  I do realize that a wedding day is just one day.  And I am fully aware that the marriage is way more important than the wedding.  I am sure I want to be married someday, more than just have a wedding, but that doesn't mean I can't throw a rockin' party to celebrate such a momentous occasion! 

So I don't think I'll be posting a TON for now, unless I happen upon interesting things I want to share, but I am hoping this blog might evolve to give it more of a purpose.  I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment