Thursday, May 17, 2012

The new house!

I thought it was prudent to mention why it's been so silent...  I mentioned it over a month ago, but we finally, finally, finally closed on our house!  We are homeowners.  With a house that needs a new roof and the floors done.  Among other things!  Yikes.  This expensive but super exciting adventure has been taking up 90% of my free time lately!

On the wedding front, it's been slow.  The current thought for colors is Gray, Navy Blue, with accents of Pink and Green.  I think it sounds fun.  We are considering having the boys on his side wear gray suits with green ties, then the guy on my side with a gray suit and a pink tie, and my MOH in a pink dress (or would a gray dress with a pink sash fit better?).  We've already changed our minds over a million times, so...  Who knows what we'll end up with, though.

I've also been doing research.  Lots and lots of research.  Who knew there were SO MANY photographers in the area?  I have a spreadsheet a mile long of photographers alone, and those are just the ones whose styles I liked.  I need to sit Dino down to review some of them with me, just to get an idea of what he likes as well.

And then there are the caterers.  I kind of have my heart set on one in particular, but I'm not sure how full service they are.  We'll need them to do a lot of set-up and stuff, since I don't want to subject my family and friends to that on the day.  And I don't want to do it either.  I haven't really found tons of caterers yet, though, probably because I've been filtering through so many photographers!

It is actually kind of nice to have two major things to plan and think about.  When I get tired of searching photographers, I can always go to pinterest for home design ideas (specifically wood floor stain colors at this moment...).  Then when that gets tiring, pinterest has tons of wedding inspiration as well!  Fabulous!

I must be so boring in real life, all I talk about is the house or the wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment