Tuesday, October 22, 2013

If I didn't have a job...

My job is kind of terrible.  I'm bored 90% of the time, am paid about 1/3 of what I should be making, and just generally don't feel like it's what I should be doing.  But I'm still here for a couple reasons: I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, I've interviewed for and not gotten a couple jobs, and up until recently, it was actually quite nice to be able to work on wedding stuff while at work.  And I think my ideal "job" would be housewife.  I spend all day at work imagining what I would do if I didn't have to be here...

  1. Plan and cook amazing meals every day
  2. Work out every day
  3. Clean the house
  4. Sell leftover wedding things and unnecessary furniture online
  5. Craft
  6. Paint the front room
  7. Organize the wedding leftovers
  8. Go to the library
  9. Go to the zoo
  10. Start blogging more regularly
  11. Begin the process to be able to bake and sell my delicious cookies
  12. Learn to sew
  13. Garden / fix up our yard
  14. Laundry
  15. Sleep in!
I do know that in reality I probably would be much lazier and get barely anything done, but if I don't have the chance to try then how will we ever know?!  I just feel so rushed and overwhelmed pretty much all of the time, and it doesn't seem like it should be that way.  It would be nice to be able to take life at my own pace, where I could maybe feel caught up and on top of things for once.  

I'm still not sure I really want to have kids (I keep wavering back and forth, so it's a good thing we have a while to decide!), but if we do I can guarantee that I'll be staying home with them.  And that is the #1 reason I want to have kids (at this very moment, but it changes every minute!).

Is being a housewife really as wonderful as I've imagined it?  Is it lonely or boring at all?  I could see that...  I can also bet I'd be annoying and clingy to my husband when he's home!  

No comments:

Post a Comment