Monday, January 13, 2014

A Wedding Expo from the Other Side...

This weekend I did something possibly crazy.  I, a married woman, attended a Wedding Show.  Back when I was planning our wedding, the shows were one of the best parts!  We went to a bunch of actually really cool ones, not the typical scary ones in huge convention centers.  But the one I just went to?  Definitely was one of the big convention center ones!  And it was pretty awesome.

Not only was it a chance to eat a ton of cake (and I certainly did my share...  Mmmm...) and hang out with some friends (two of which are, actually, planning weddings, so it wasn't like I was alone!), but I was able to reminisce and take it all in without the stress of an actual wedding.  We perused, walked down every row, and took our time, whereas a year ago I would have raced in, rushed past anyone who was trying to push something at me, and basically been anxious the whole time.  But the brides we were with knew what they were looking for (genius), weren't afraid to actually talk to the vendors, and enjoyed it as an experience.  I totally commend them.

Now there are a couple other, more offbeat, less convention center shows coming up, and I'm really hoping to be able to attend!  It's ridiculous, I really have no reason to go, but I like some of the vendors (like our photographer and dj, who will be at the next one!) and would love to stop by and say hi!  I think best case, I can figure out if I have some sort of skill/talent/something related to weddings so I could someday become a vendor and get to keep going to these!  There are only so many of my friends who are unmarried and could actually benefit from these shows, so it'll start getting a lot weirder for me to attend!

No comments:

Post a Comment