Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Beautiful Dress!

This weekend, I went for a 3rd dress appointment.  I was so hoping to find my dream dress with tulle, lace, bling, and an awesome shape, but apparently the dress I am looking for doesn't exist with bling.  It does, however, exist without, and I think I might have found the one!

I hope Dino doesn't ever find this, because I want to put a picture here!!!

Image from Pronovias.US

There she is, the beautiful Pronovias Dagen (I only wish the name was a little prettier, and less dagger-like...).  It is quite similar to the Alfred Angelo 867 that I also loved, except better.  The bodice is more sculpted, and even more flattering.  It doesn't have the eyelash lace along the top, which kind of bugged me.  But it fits me just right, and flares out at the right spot for my body.  I would probably get it in optical white, and have a corset back put in, as well as get/make a sash (not the one that you can buy with the dress), have a sparkly veil, and a chunky statement necklace.  In fact, I think I found a great necklace contender!

Image from Etsy.com

It has a matching bracelet and everything!  It would add a little bling and something shiny.  I'm thisclose to buying it too!  It's only $73 for both, so I think I might...  But I'm not convinced they would go perfectly with the dress.  Hm.

And to top it off, I am thinking to return to Alfred Angelo for the veil they had there - it was beautiful with lace and beaded details, adding a little bling also.

I think this was the one.  Image from AlfredAngelo.com

So there you have it.  I am hoping this might be it, my wedding outfit.  I'm worried about pulling the trigger, though, on the dress, because it still does not have the sparkle on the dress that I was kind of hoping for.  I tried on a white dress that was beaded all over, but totally the wrong shape for me, and my mom, who was previously in the No-Bling! camp, really liked it...  But I love how the Dagen fits me, and how it transitions from lace to tulle so elegantly and ends up looking like I'm walking in a cloud.  It also feels pretty summery to me, which is good.

Could someone just decide for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment