Friday, October 5, 2012

Smells Like Love!

Another wedding purchase made, debated, questioned, and reaffirmed!

It may be a silly little detail to some, but I've always loved the idea of having a "Wedding Day Purfume," one that will take you back to that day whenever you smell it, and can be used for romantic, special occasions afterwards.  I always thought (for like, 2 or 3 years!) I would go with one scent in particular after smelling a sample, and had refrained buying it because I wanted to wait until I was engaged and actually planning to make that purchase.

Image from Sephora.com

That fragrance was FlowerbyKenzo.  Sweet, light, and floral, it is summery, pleasant, and I loved how it smelled on my skin.  I finally made a trip to Sephora on a Saturday to give it another try, and potentially buy it, and while I was there another bottle caught my eye, and I happened to try a spray on my right wrist, with FlowerbyKenzo on the left wrist.  Hm.  I couldn't stop smelling my right wrist all afternoon, and walked out of the store having not made a purchase.

On Monday, I couldn't handle it, I had to go try this random find again, but I couldn't remember the name for the life of me!  I searched the Sephora website, hoping the look of the bottle would jog my memory.  I remembered a pink, angular bottle, and at the store I was at it was sitting kind of on its side.  None of the pictures looked like that!  So that evening, after work, I went to a different Sephora location, and tried to explain what I was looking for.  I think the sales associate thought I was a little crazy, but tried to help me!  But I mostly had to smell to find it, so I worked my way across their fragrance wall, when I found it!

Image from Sephora.com

Here it is!  Flowerbomb by Victor&Rolf.  I bought it that day, and sprayed a sample on my wrist again to make sure it was the one.  Well, I got home, let Dino smell my wrist, and he thought it smelled "Baby-Powdery," which I took as a bad sign.  I had some FlowerbyKenzo samples, and a KenzoAmour sample, so I sprayed those on, and was even more confused.  What to do!

So this last weekend, we went back.  I sprayed FlowerbyKenzo on one wrist, Flowerbomb on the other, and together we decided the Flowerbomb won!  So I kept my previous purchase, opened it, and then set it aside for the wedding day.  I hope I can resist sneaking smells now and again, it is just beautiful.  Light but rich, floral and clean, kind of silky and just makes me happy.

One more decision down!

No comments:

Post a Comment