Monday, October 1, 2012

The Trouble with No Budget

My parents are beyond awesome.  They have always spoiled me, and have insisted that they pay for this wedding.  I can't complain, they are totally wonderful, know that it's my and Dino's wedding and though they get a little say, our decisions are final.  They also trust me not to go crazy, as I am a pretty frugal person, and I can't imagine paying as much as some do for weddings.

The problem comes with narrowing down all of the infinite options.  Finding a venue was easy, because we found a nice place that fit our requirements enough, and jumped on it before we lost the opportunity to have it.  Photographer was even not that hard, though I tried to make it be more difficult.  I made a huge list of as many photographers as I could find, then had to narrow down that list, and the one we both liked got us (of course, I tried to stay at a reasonable price, but for such an amazing photographer, I was okay stretching what I saw as reasonable).

Now I'm on to caterers.  Our #1 option is no longer a realistic idea, so I'm back to square one.  There are so many caterers out there, between traditional caterers and restaurants that will cater.  Without a budget, I have no idea where to start narrowing the field.  I don't particularly want to call every. single. one. on my list to set up meetings, because I don't have a ton of free time to go meet with people.  We also haven't really determined what kind of food we're going for, aside from delicious.  The only parameters that we have are that we want them to do set up and clean up for us, and we want them to let us choose the menu and bring in the drinks.  Beyond that, the world is our oyster!

But that sucks.  Too many options make me shut down and not want to even think about it.  I know, we could have it way way worse, with a tiny budget that would only allow a couple of options, but it would be easier for me to choose between just a few.  Then again, we can have whatever we want, really.

I guess the solution is to buckle down and start making calls.  Am I the only one dealing with this overwhelming issue of too many options?

No comments:

Post a Comment