Friday, March 15, 2013

Nasally Nuptuals?

Oh boy, I got taken down HARD this week.  By a cold.  Or whatever.  Basically, I've been sick.  Laying on the couch watching tv for three days straight, crying because my throat hurts so badly, and hacking up a lung kind of sick.  Fun times, right?

I'm not exactly a sickly person, I don't think, but I've always had bad allergies and gotten lots of sinus infections.  But I do occasionally get taken out by a cold or sore throat, leaving me sounding terrible and nasally and just gross.  I'm still coughing my lungs out, and blowing my nose like a foghorn, and still feeling a little crummy.

But now it has me thinking - what if something like this hits me right before the wedding?  I don't want to sound like this while saying my vows!  I don't want to have to go take a nap before dinner because I'm so exhausted!  Yuck!  A friend of ours had a bad stomach flu on the day of his wedding - he didn't even attend the reception because he was so sick.  That sounds seriously awful, and I would probably freak out if that happened.

So what can I do?  Well, maybe I should be better about working out and eating healthy, for starters.  Taking Airborn or Zicam at the first signs of a sniffle would be good too.  Keeping up on the allergy medication I take to make sure that doesn't cause issues.  Get as much stuff done early as possible so the stress doesn't make me more vulnerable to sickness.  And cross my fingers that I don't get sick!

Ugh, I keep saying I need to get stuff done early, but our to do list is looking longer and longer every time I look at it.  I'm using the "I was sick" excuse right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment