Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Cherry on Top: Part 1

Cake toppers can be so much fun.  They add a little whimsy, or personalization, or just a little extra something to a beautiful cake.  And there are so many options!  When I first started thinking about cake toppers, I knew I probably wouldn't want a traditional one, although those can be so pretty.

There are so many that are cute and less traditional, but still man and wife!  Image via www.weddingwindow.com

Instead I was thinking something more along the lines of our names or something pretty.  I pinned a few of my favorites.

Love these cute birds, and the phrase "Happy Day"!  Image via Etsy Seller SkyeArt

We love puzzles, so this was a cute alternative.  Image via TheEveryLastDetail.com 

More cute little birds!  And the tree is adorable too.  Image via OffbeatBride.com

This is a cute Mr. & Mrs. topper, simple and elegant.  Image via Etsy Seller CreativeStamps

This was the first cake topper I fell in love with, the heart, the names...  perfect!  But just above what I ideally wanted to spend...  Image via Etsy Seller BetterOffWed

After weighing all these options, I decided that I wasn't in love with any of them enough to spend much money on them.  I'd be fine with just flowers, or nothing.  But I also thought I'd try out a crazy idea I had to make it very personal and cute.  And I'll show you what happens when I run free with whims in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment