Friday, April 26, 2013

The Look: The Shoes


Now to the part of the ensemble that I think is the most important, yet will probably hardly be seen...  The shoes!

I actually bought shoes before we were engaged, because I simply had to have them.  They are awesome, and pink!  But once we picked our venue, and decided to have the ceremony outside, I started to worry if the skinny heels were a bad decision.  So I bought Sole Mates, and also kept looking for pink wedges, flats, and sandals.

These beauties are by Kelly & Katie from DSW, and were already not available over a year ago, so I had to have them tracked down after I failed to purchase them when I first saw, and fell in love with, them.  And the Sole Mates are on them here.  Personal Photo

I bought some hot pink flats a few months ago just because, and then it occurred to me that they might be fun wedding shoes.  But I wear them already, so are they special enough?  (No, I don't know why my shoes must be special and/or new, but it just seems like it...?  Oh WIC...)  I also bought sparkly silver flats, that are a little tight, but super cute.


The pink ones are Steve Madden, from DSW, and the silver are from Payless Shoe Source.  Personal Photos

Then just this week I bought some pink sandals.  Can't wait for them to arrive to see how I like them!  They are, however, labeled as "coral," which has been such a pain in the butt.  I'm mad at a color.  Coral is EVERYWHERE right now, so I can't find nearly as many purely bright pink shoes!  And coral can vary so much from a pretty pinkish color to a super orange-ish color, so you never really know.  My fingers are crossed that I'll love these.  (if not for the wedding, I'm sure I'll be able to wear them all summer!)

The almost-too-orange coral sandals, by Shoes of Soul.  Image via Zulilly.com

Complicating the shoe issue is my arthritis.  About a year ago, my foot started to hurt after running, and my toe swelled up, and I got these weird nodules on my joints.  A foot doctor and a dermatologist later, and I'm pretty sure I have arthritis.  Now if I stand for too long or walk too much the ball of my foot feels like I'm stepping on marbles.  So while I really want to wear heels for the wedding, it might not be possible.  I'm going to pad the shoes up, though, and do a trial wearing them around the house!  When I tried the heels on to take a picture (that turned out waaaay too fuzzy to use), I already noticed how much less comfortable it was, especially since I don't hardly wear heels anymore.  What a shame.


So that's it!  I think I have shared all of my various accessories!  Which shoes would you choose?  Do you, like me, feel like the color coral is taking over the universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment