Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm still here!

I took a little break from this, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep blogging, after getting a little disappointment about it.  I just went cold turkey.  I even made a conscious decision this last weekend to NOT take pictures of our tasting cake, because "I'm not a blogger," but now I'm wishing I had.  It is interesting to keep record of all of this!

And so, I'm back.

Little recap of the past month or so:

  • My mom is amazing.  She took on the floral stuff, because I was planning to kind of DIY it and wasn't too concerned.  We sat down with her and looked at pictures and discussed various ideas.  This probably deserves it's own post!  But let's just say we're on the same page now and she is my hero for dealing with this stuff.  I couldn't handle any more vendors!
  • Projects!  I am almost done with my brooches to be put into my bouquet.  Just 2 more to wire up, and they are the special ones so I was saving them for last.  So yay!
  • I also have nearly finished the ring tree, the last step is to reassemble.
  • I tried painting some chevron stripes on the card box, but with the gray, blue, and green colors I picked it looked really '80s.  So I painted over the stripes, and need to try again.
  • I dismantled all of the Tolsby frames for spray painting, and we bought 3 out of 4 spray paint colors we need.  It's hard to find a good green color.
  • Cake!!!!  We tasted cake from Central Market, and it was heaven.  HEAVEN.  So delicious.  They don't do fondant, so my fondant dreams might be crushed, but I think I'll be okay with a fairly simple looking cake.  They can make the middle tier taller, though, which is awesome, and I think we might provide some ribbon or something to put around the tiers.  And they can frost it with stripes, so that is dandy.  Most of all, though, is how amazing it tastes.  I think we might have to try some more flavors... ;)
  • Invitations have been... non-existent still.  I realllllly need to make these happen.  Get the idea from my brain into the computer.  I did order pocketfold and gable card samples, and decided it was too fussy for us.  I think that is good in the long run.
  • My accessories are nearly complete.  I got my garters awhile ago, and finally found some earrings I like, even though they are a bit heavy.  I have had my necklace and bracelet for months.  And I bought not one, not two, but THREE veils.  I think I have a favorite, but I needed to see.  And they were all a total of under $50, so I don't feel too bad.  I can always resell!  I also bought a pair of pink sparkly Toms, as an alternative shoe.  Last step is to narrow down my shoes: I have pink heels (worried I might sink, so I got SoleMates for them, but it still might not be enough), bright pink flats (that I already wear to work and stuff, so they might not be special enough), sparkly silver flats, and now sparkly pink Toms.  Lots of options, and I can't stop searching for a pair of pink wedges (but stupid Coral is everywhere, so there aren't a lot of true pink shoes around) and pink or silver low-wedged sandals. Argh.
  • I got some awesome striped goody bags for the cookies to be taken home in, too.  And more washi tape, paper ribbon, regular ribbon, chevron stencil, chevron punch, and chevron stamps.  Now to figure out how I will actually use these things...
So there we go.  Looks like I need to do a DIY post, a flowers post, an accessories post, and more, but with lots of pictures!  And if we get some more cake to taste, I promise to actually take pictures...  geesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment