Monday, September 24, 2012

In the Mood.. for Food!

This weekend we made a trip I've been trying to get us to take for quite awhile...  To a restaurant that does catering, one I've been longing to have as a caterer for our wedding!  I went to brunch there with some friends over 6 months ago, and haven't been able to get back since, so I basically forced Dino to go to brunch there with me on Sunday.  This particular restaurant has 3 locations, all about a half hour away from our house, and is only open for brunch on the weekends, so it limited our available visits.  But we finally went, and it was as amazing as I remembered...

The restaurant?  Portage Bay Cafe.  They have a focus on local, organic, sustainable foods, which makes me incredibly happy, with seasonal ingredients and somewhat of a northwest feel to the cuisine.  Naturally, we've only been able to try brunch foods, but everything looks, smells, and tastes AMAZING, so I have a feeling their dinners would be delicious as well.  The sample menu on their website sure looks great!

So now I'm trying to organize my caterers to figure out when we can meet with various companies to get more information, and maybe a tasting or two!  My mom told me that one of the things she really wanted to be involved in was the catering decision, specifically the tasting, so I want to make sure she can attend.  Something interesting about that, though, is my dad mentioned she's been experiencing some weird side effects from the chemo in regards to her tastes.  Things she usually loves, she doesn't like right now, and foods she used to hate, she is really enjoying.  So my dad wanted to make sure HE could come along too, because he isn't trusting her taste buds right now!

Anyway, glad I finally have Dino on board for checking out Portage Bay, and I'm feeling that much closer to checking another item off!  Slowly but surely...

No comments:

Post a Comment