Friday, September 14, 2012

Say Cheese!!!

It looks like we have a photographer!  I don't want to jinx it by posting her name yet, but she was so wonderful and energetic and fun to meet with in person, and I want to have someone like that around on my wedding day.  We met the other evening, and it really seems like it will work out!  Not only do we have random connections to her partner/second shooter, but we've seen her in action at another friend's wedding, and they loved her.  So I'm glad to have that mostly decided!

All that is left is signing a contract and sending a deposit!  But she needs to send us the contract and the price so we can get that going.  It might be a scary big number, but I feel really good about supporting her business, and she is very talented.  We'll be doing some engagement photos with her too, as well as with my brother's friend.

Another bonus - she had a ton of recommendations for other vendors, so we might be able to get the rest of this planning knocked out soon!  Ha, right, if only it was that easy.  But I already contacted the DJ she suggested, and might set up a time to meet.  I still kind of want to meet with the random DJ we sat next to on the plane to Vegas, if only just because it'd be like "Oh hey, we met you on that plane ride, remember?  Yeah!" and it would be totally weird.

Last thing I need to arrange is setting up another dress appointment, but I'm having trouble getting Dino to give me his mom's email or phone number to see when she might be available!  But our photographer recommended the bridal store I want to go to next anyway, and gave me a name for a consultant to ask for, so I'm hoping we can make it work soon.

Woo!  It feels like I'm finally accomplishing things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment