Saturday, January 19, 2013

3 Weddings in 3 Weeks

I can't believe how many weddings we'll be attending right before ours!  My lovely friend got engaged a little bit after us, and last I heard she was planning on having her wedding two weeks before ours - awesome!  It'll involve a mini-road trip, and will be a very nice break from the crazy last minute planning.

Then, my cousin got engaged over the holidays, which is so great!  I'm really happy for him.  They decided to get married this summer as well...  8 days before we do!  I know a lot of brides would be a little worried about getting their thunder stolen or whatever, but I'm really not concerned.  Really, I'm glad it is so close, because they decided to get married close to us, which is convenient for us.  Even better, I'm hoping our family members will be able to stay a week up here and attend both of our weddings!  I especially would love if our grandparents could make it - my grandma was saying it would be really hard for her to travel this far, but if TWO grandkids are getting married within such a short time, well, maybe the trip will be even MORE worthwhile!

I have only two concerns with all these weddings happening around ours - 1) I don't want to be stressed out with last minute plans and not getting everything done in time.  I'm worried I will leave a lot of stuff to the last minute, and with all of these celebrations it will take away time to work and get projects finished.  But, it might also help provide a good distraction, keep me focused on the real reason for the wedding, and make me get my butt in gear before the wedding!  and 2) I really really hope my family is still able to attend my wedding.  My cousin and I have aunts and uncles in Sacramento, Chicago, Seattle, and Eugene.  Most of them will have to travel, and not everyone can take off a whole week, or make two trips.  I guess I'm worried they will pick him over me!  Silly, I know.  (Plus I have a secret weapon - my mom!  I know everyone will want to see her, since she couldn't make it to the last family wedding, so I'm hoping that'll give me an edge!  Yes, I am ridiculous.)  In the end, I will be grateful for everyone that can make it, and try to be understanding if they can't.

Last summer I only went to 1 wedding, and next summer I've already got 3 scheduled (in 3 weeks!).  So awesome that we'll get to celebrate so much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment