Monday, January 7, 2013

Dresses!!!

This whole dress issue was really starting to get on my nerves, but I'm almost ready to make a decision!  

A few weeks ago I tried on the Argelia by St. Patrick.  It was gorgeous, but there were several things I wanted to change...  So that night I looked at St. Patrick's website and saw the Argel, which seemed perfect!  The consultant at the bridal salon said they didn't have it to try on, but she also thought it was too low of a waist for me, after we found what length I liked.  I looked at it from every angle I could online, and compared it to the pictures of the Argelia, and really think it was pretty similar.  BUT I had to find it to try on before I could be sure.

The Argel by St. Patrick

Cut to me calling every bridal shop in the Pacific Northwest that carries St. Patrick.  Only to find none of them have that specific dress.  One shop, however, suggested I look at the Atelier Diagonal dresses, and sure enough, they have a dress that is so similar to Argel but even better!  It is called the Faldar.  The woman at this shop said she was going to be placing an order for Atelier Diagional samples soon, so if I let her know if I liked any, she could order it.  I still wanted to find the Argel, though, so I waited and kept calling places, moving to the next closest state.  Alas, no one had it, so I decided to give this shop a call back.

The Faldar by Atelier Diagonal

Well, as luck would have it, the shop had already placed their order for the samples, and the Faldar was not one of them.  However, they do a borrowing program, so she checked to see if the Faldar was available through that!  But no, it wasn't.  Then she looked at the price of the Faldar, and it was pretty awesome.  She offered to switch one of her sample dresses to the Faldar for the borrowing program price, and she would make up the difference in cost for switching.  On top of that, she checked to see if any samples would be available, and wouldn't you know, the only dress she would be able to get as a sample is my size.  Weird!  And if I end up buying the dress, she will apply my borrow price to the cost.  

I couldn't believe it!  I finally get to try on this mysterious dress!  It isn't the Argel, but it looks even better in pictures and is less expensive!  Worst case, I can always fall back on the Argelia and have the various alterations made.  But hooray!!!

Me in the Argelia by St. Patrick.  We mimicked making it a sweetheart neckline and getting rid of the trim on the top, but I would also replace the belt.  My #1 concern is that by removing the trim and making it a sweetheart, it ends up awfully low cut, and the consultant said I would just hold it up higher when getting tied in, but then the waistline would be different, and not in a good way.

So there we go.  Getting much closer!  I can't wait to try on the Faldar!

No comments:

Post a Comment