Thursday, January 31, 2013

Window Shopping part 2

I wrote about our Macy's registering shenanigans already, so here I want to talk about our Amazon.com registry.

First of all, it is incredibly tempting to add anything and everything.  I have the "Add to Amazon Wish List" button on my browser, and click it far more often than I ought.  I also went super crazy when I first set the registry up, adding pretty much everything from Anthropologie.

I loooove the texture on this duvet cover, even though it costs about $250.  Image via Anthropologie

And I definitely need this $88 basket to use as a hamper in our tiny bathroom where it probably won't fit...  Image via Anthropologie

And I have found things from other websites that I absolutely need as well.

Yes, I need an owl cookie jar for about $40.  Image via West Elm

But other than these things that I can't bear to take off the registry (no matter how much Dino protests!), there are a few things I really want that Macy's doesn't have the exact version of what I'm looking for.  For instance, I want to piece together the knives we actually need and would use, rather than buying a set since we already have a couple of good quality knives.  Macy's didn't have a single regular old sharpening steel, something I think we'll definitely need! 

A Wustof Sharpening Steel.  Image via Amazon

And I wasn't finding a wooden turner/spoon thingy, one that I want to use for browning meat and stuff.

Something exactly like this!  Image via Amazon

Mostly, though, the Amazon registry is just bits and pieces that I find when I browse online for stuff.  Or random things that don't necessarily fit into the Housewares category.  

I love my Swiffer Sweeper Vac, since we have all hardwood floors, so I registered for some replacement filters.  Random, but I will need them!  Image via Amazon

We're definitely still working on both registries, but this one seems to be shifting and evolving more than the other at this point!  I'm trying to keep lots of lower price options as much as I can, just so we don't look greedy, but we do have some bigger ticket items as well.  More than anything, though, it's been fun to just look at things we could have even though we definitely don't need them!  We both had basically enough stuff for a kitchen, so when we moved in together, we had tons of things.  It was a lot of work to pare down our house to the basics, so we don't want to have to add much more stuff.  And some things are upgrades of what we currently have.

No matter what, though, I 100% believe that having our family and friends attend our wedding and celebrate with us is the most important thing.  Stuff is nice, but you can't beat the love from your nearest and dearest.  And I am so looking forward to celebrating with them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment