Monday, January 21, 2013

Food truck drama!

Awhile ago, I posted about food trucks potentially providing the food and dessert for our rehearsal dinner.  My wonderful, amazing FMIL took my whim and ran with it, contacting several different trucks.  The two I was really hoping for were Minimus Maximus (pulled pork sandwiches) and Molly Moon's (ice cream).  Well, apparently the winter isn't exactly prime food truck time, so they've been shut down for a bit and she only recently heard back from one of them.

Molly Moon's Ice Cream Truck, with a bride and groom in front!  Via Molly Moon's Blog

Well, my hopes and dreams have been dashed.  Molly Moon's won't be driving their food truck out to private parties next year!  What?!?!  They are saying no to a guaranteed dollar amount?!  I understand, they probably don't want to lose out on the public's money and attending other events, but I am extremely disappointed!  A few years ago I had the truck come out to a property to treat the tenants there, and it was a GREAT experience, they were wonderful.  I was hoping maybe we'd be able to have a similar great time, feeding our rehearsal dinner guests the best ice cream ever (that would be the Honey Lavender).

But, alas, it appears it was not meant to be.

Last I heard, my FMIL was planning to use a space in the same venue we'll be at the next day for the wedding, and we'll try to maybe still get a food truck out and bring in some Molly Moon's ice cream, but I'm not sure it's worth it anymore.

How sad is it to have your hopes dashed like this?  Okay, yeah, it isn't the end of the world.  But surely someone knows how frustrating it can be to have your heart set on an idea (which, of course, you think is genius), and it just won't work out no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment