Friday, January 18, 2013

PROGRESS!!!

Man, it feels so good to get things done!

This week, well really just today, I am sending in our Catering contract, our DJ contract, and calling to buy my dress!  And yesterday I got the ball rolling on discounted hotel rates for our guests!  WOWZA.  That is three big things, and one nagging little thing, all of which feels GREAT to have done!

I am especially excited about the dress.  All that struggle, me insisting I needed to try on this last dress, and it has paid off.  That dress I was dying to try on was, indeed, THE ONE.  I have pictures, but am hesitant to post them on the internet (partly because Dino might find them, and partly because the dress shop is actually a no-photo shop, but she let me take a couple to show my mom who couldn't be there).  But after trying on probably 50+ dresses, this one is absolutely perfect.  I thought the mirrors were warped at the shop, to make you look skinnier (and therefore buy a dress!), but looking at the pictures, I think the dress is actually why I looked so good!  I seriously lost about 10-15 lbs in that dress, it is incredibly flattering.  It has everything I wanted, too!  Sweetheart neckline, tulle, lace, sparkle, perfect waistline, corset back...  The only alterations I'll need is cups put in, some stuff on the bodice tacked down, and hemming (which is really just cutting, since the tulle is just plain and raw at the bottom.)  Le sigh.  It is fabulous.  Such a weight off my shoulders.  I was a little worried that I didn't cry or tear up at all when I put it on, but it just felt right and seems like my dress.

I am also so psyched about our DJ, who we met last weekend.  They are the cutest couple, only do one wedding a weekend, and only had our date available for all of August, so we really lucked out!  Plus they just seem to be awesome, and know what they're doing.  I'm so excited to have them leading the party at our wedding.

And finally, our caterer was another stroke of luck.  I got a quote months ago, and then let it sit for awhile.  Then I sent an email, asking if it was too late, and we barely snuck in.  They said there were other couples asking about our date, so we had to make a decision quickly, but since we had been to a tasting and everything, it was easy to say yes.  The food was delicious, and their quote wasn't too crazy high (but they all seem like a lot of money!), so I am super happy with our decision!  Yum.

This is going to be quite an awesome wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment