Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Honeymoon part 2

So awhile ago I mentioned that we've started researching our honeymoon trip!  The long and arduous search for the ideal destination has continued on...

Dino has been doing most of the legwork (bless him), and has basically decided that Jamaica is the place to go.  Lots of options for resorts, and decent prices.

The potential Island we'll honeymoon on!  Image via old.wordtravels.com

He had basically settled on one resort in particular, located near Negril on the west side of the island.  Now, it looks lovely and all, but I had one major concern: getting there from the airport in Montego Bay.  I made him Google the directions to find out how long of a drive it would be, and it would be an HOUR AND A HALF.  I don't want to be stuck in a car for that long!  Yes, it isn't forever, but I dread the idea.

My main issue with the drive is that about a year ago, I started getting motion sickness-y when I wasn't the one driving.  I don't know what happened, I never had issues before.  In fact, I'm kind of wondering if it is anxiety related, and maybe I've developed anxiety.  Anyway, no matter, I have a tough time being a passenger in a car for short drives even, so the idea of being in the hotel's shuttle from the airport, along the wind-y seafront roads, for an hour and a half, well...  I freaked out!  Poor Dino.

So he has been wonderful and awesome and started looking up other resorts in Montego Bay that are much closer to the airport.  None of these seem to have quite the amazing, long stretches of beaches, though, and he really had his heart set on the other resort.  I've also been trying to get him to consider other islands, smaller ones where even the furthest resorts from the airport would be less than an hour away.  I'm also wondering if maybe taking a motion sickness pill would help me as a passenger, so I might test out that theory.

I feel so silly to be so concerned about 3 measly hours of my life, but I want to enjoy every second of our honeymoon.  Tell me I'm not alone in not wanting to be driven along a coast for an hour and a half each way...  Has anyone actually been to Negril?  How is the drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment