Wednesday, February 13, 2013

On Pins and Needles

Back in the day, like, almost two years ago, a magical website started.  One where you had to request to join, but the wait was worth it.  A site where you could post visual links to all sorts of different ideas, recipes, craft projects, home design, and of course, wedding ideas.  Yep, that would be Pinterest.

I joined Pinterest as soon as I possibly could.  I loved it!  I read lots of blogs, and found myself bookmarking so many random things and never revisiting them, so the idea of "pinning" them to a virtual bulletin board was very appealing.  Not long after I joined, I noticed more and more wedding relating pins popping up.  But, of course I wasn't actually engaged, so I had no reason to repin them, right?

Wrong!  I mean, I had been reading wedding blogs since my friend got engaged in, oh, 2010, so I had so many ideas swirling around in my head.  It was just natural that I would eventually start a wedding board!  And I did, awhile before we got engaged.

Once we did get engaged, I went full force.  One of my friends commented that it was exciting that I'd finally get to use the ideas I'd pinned!

A screenshot of my wedding board.  This isn't even like, 1/5 of it all!  Screenshot via Pinterest.com

Now I'm running into an issue, though.  I would suggest when you first start pinning wedding related things, you should make several boards for different aspects!  If I want to see all the cakes I've pinned, for example, I have to scroll through pages and pages of other stuff.  And moving things around on Pinterest isn't exactly what I'd call user-friendly.  It takes ages.  At the beginning, though, I wasn't actually planning anything, so I didn't need more organization.

But I absolutely love using Pinterest!  I've also found that because I have several friends who "follow" my pins who will be attending the wedding, I've tried to not pin anything exact - no pictures of my actual dress, no final Save the Date shots, nothing.  I did create a private board to pin all the chevron inspiration I could find, both to kind of hide the theme and to not inundate people with a million images of chevron invitations!  Pinterest is a fairly public place, though, and I want some surprises on the wedding day!

So there you have it.  How very Pinteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment