Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Save this Date!!! Part 2: The Reveal

Oh yes, I am finally ready to show off my save the dates.  Although, saying that makes it sound like I labored over them for ages, when in reality I just kind of whipped them up, one after another, tweaking things as I went.  And I made like, 4 different versions one night, showed them to Dino, he liked this one best but had suggestions, so I made adjustments a couple of times and voila!  Our Save The Dates!



The blurring looks AWFUL, but I promise it looks quite nice in real life!  Personal Images


So I actually probably spent no more than, like 2 hours of my time on these, and Dino spent maybe an hour as well.

We ordered them through Vistaprint (thank you Groupon!  We actually didn't use the whole amount on the postcards alone so we got a big poster of one of our engagement photos too), and I was impatient so we went for quicker shipping.  Note: they required a signature for the shipment, so I had them shipped to my office.  Of course, the Friday they were delivered, I stayed home sick, so I didn't even get to see them until the next Monday!  But we did eventually get them.

Then we printed address labels onto clear label stickers, which ended up being too big for the postcard, so we had to cut the ends off.  But it worked, and didn't look terrible.  And we slapped those and some stamps on, and we were ready to go!


Like a nerd, I had to document sending the STDs!  How gross is the mailbox at my work, though?  Personal Photos

We had a few to send internationally, hence the envelopes in the back of the stack, but most people seemed to get theirs the very next day!  I am amazed at how quickly the postal service works sometimes.

The only thing I wasn't 100% happy about was how the cards were cut.  On the top, I kind of ignored Vistaprint's warning about anything outside the dashed line being cut, and the date at the top was touching the dashed line.  On half of the cards, it was perfect with a small gap at the top.  The other half are cut right on the edge of the date, but it still works.  

Overall, it was such a relief to get those out!  Especially with the myriad other weddings popping up right before ours, I was getting nervous.  At least now everyone should know to save our date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment