Friday, April 25, 2014

Another hurdle

Just when it feels like life can start getting back to normal, another curveball hits.  My mom finished her radiation treatments on Wednesday!  It was great!  Except...  she started having this awful pain on Tuesday, pain that kept her up and was making it so it hurt to sit.  We visited last night, and she was just not feeling okay.  It was really quite scary.  Thankfully my dad took her in to the hospital, and they did an MRI on her spine (which was scheduled for Monday, but she wasn't going to last through the weekend with that pain).   We're waiting for the results, but it sounds like it could be a tumor on her spine.

WHY?  How is this at all fair??  My mom is a wonderful person, but she is getting so beat down by all of this.  The pain, the frustration, the lack of control she has on the situation.  She doesn't want to have to be strong anymore, and I don't want her to have to be!  I want her to be happy and healthy, not fighting this never ending battle.

And I am so so scared.  I don't want to lose her.  I hate seeing her like this, knowing that she's going through such a terribly tough time.  It's not okay.  I thought the breast cancer was enough.  And then the tumor in her brain was even harder to handle.  And now this?  I just don't know what to do.  There isn't much I can do to help.  I just want her to be better.

This situation sucks.  It's awful.  I am so mad that this keeps happening.  She doesn't deserve this, and my dad, brother and I (and Dino) are all doing our best to hold it together and do what we can, but it's hard.  And I'm at work, trying not to lose it, but it's hard to keep on pretending like nothing's wrong, when the world is starting to unravel again.

This sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment