Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #8

Today's prompt is: Recommend a book we should read and why you love it.
Man oh man.  I could go on for ages about books.  I've been reading quite a bit lately, thanks in part to having a Book Club to force me, and downtime at work!  I'll try to keep this short.

What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  Image via Amazon.com
What Alice Forgot was one of the first books we read for our book club.  Someone had suggested it, it sounded interesting, but it was so much more!  I seriously bawled through most of the book.  But in a good way?  I need to reread it since it's been a little over a year, but I still remember how much it touched me.

The basic premise is a 39 year old woman falls and hits her head, and wakes up thinking she is 29, a newlywed, and pregnant with her first child.  She has to come to terms with the direction her life has taken in the 10 lost years, and in the meantime regains some of her youthful optimism as her memory returns.  But that is a terrible description.  It really is about remembering who you used to be, and not getting caught up in the day-to-day minutia all the time.  I read it about a year before getting married, and it really hit me that life wouldn't always be sunshine and rainbows like it felt at the time, and that I needed to keep in mind my true self and my husband's true being.

Okay, sorry for the absolutely terrible description, I don't know how to phrase it, it really impacted me!  But definitely check it out.  It also takes place in Australia, which made me far too happy (and I've since read almost all of her other books, but this one is still my favorite!).

What should I suggest for our next book club?  This was one of our hands-down favorites as a group!
april

No comments:

Post a Comment