Friday, April 4, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #4

This one is a little tougher for me: Tell us about the people who have had the most influence in your life.
Most people in my life have influenced me in one way or another.  But here are the top three...

1) My mom.  My mom is seriously amazing.  She battles these awful health issues with such grace and positivity.  She doesn't have to, but she lights up the room even in the worst times.  But more than that, she's awesome!  She's always been a career woman, if you will, and is highly respected and liked in her field (and just in general!)  She always makes me feel like the most special person to her (well, tied with my brother, I guess...) and gives me more hugs than anyone.  She has taught me how to be strong, independent, and smart.  I am very very lucky she's my mom.

2) My husband.  Dino is the best, he's caring, funny, big hearted, and so loving.  He makes me better and want to do my best to take care of him because he's always there for me.  He's a great tipper, which was important to me, and gives to charities that mean something to him regularly.  He is better at communicating than I am, but that makes me want to be a better communicator also.  Again, I'm so lucky, and so glad to call him mine!

3) My best friend.  She was also my MOH, and is always always always there for me.  When I heard about my mom, and Dino couldn't get my text, I texted her and she called right back.  She called pretty much every day to check on me and make sure I was okay.  But long before that, we lived together in college!  We kind of influenced each other to be good kids, we didn't really drink, didn't party, and joined the church group.  Total goodie-two-shoes!  But we learned how to be crazier together, supported each other throughout our 4 years (even when we studied on different continents!), and now I know I can call on her at any time, and hopefully she knows the same of me.  (Now I'm just kind of holding my breath, waiting for her to get engaged!  Come on, kids, lets move on to the next stage of life together!)

These are my people!  Who are your people?  
april

No comments:

Post a Comment