Saturday, April 19, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #19

I think today's post will be a basic list...  What is your typical beauty routine like (favorite products, how much time do you spend)

I spend about 10 minutes tops on my beauty routine, and that includes brushing my teeth and putting my contacts in, so it's not very intense.  But here's the order and what I use:

  1. Put on eyeliner.  I like to use matte black powder as a liner, and recently have been using Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in black, applied with the Sephora Classic Precision Liner Brush #92.  
  2. Because the eyeliner is more powdery than a liner pencil, it usually has a couple dots that fall on my cheeks, so I use Almay eye makeup remover pads (oil free) to clean that up and to clean up any old mascara smudges under my eyes.
  3. Next I use Maybelline BB cream (in the palest possible color) all over as a sort of primer/skin tone evener (applied with my fingers).  Plus it has an SPF, so it is just a good base.
  4. Then I use my finger to dot on some concealer, I like Benefit Bo-oing in 01 Light.  This just covers the acne and red spots on my face.
  5. Next I set it with powder, I've been using Maybelline Matte Dream Powder, but they just changed it slightly so the name and package is a little different.  I usually use the color 4-5 Light ivory, but accidentally bought the new kind in 1 porcelain ivory (but really both work just about the same).  I use a big bronzer brush to apply it all over.
  6. Lately I've started adding blush to my daily routine.  I have a new blush from Julep, the Glow Blush in Peach Bellini, and I really like it so far!  The color is nice on my pinkish pale skin.  I apply it on the cheekbone area with the same big bronzer brush.
  7. And finally I end with lots of mascara!  I've been obsessed with mascara since at least high school.  I used to use CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume mascara (the orange tube) in black waterproof (always waterproof, you never know when it'll rain here...), but recently bought Maybelline's Volum' Express One by One waterproof mascara (the red tube).  I also really like Benefit's BADgal mascara (but only have a sample size of the non-waterproof, so I might need to get a big tube of waterproof someday!).
  8. Then slick on some Burt's Bees chapstick, and I'm ready to go!
I don't know if hair counts, but I just wash and condition with Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingler shampoo and conditioner, let it air dry overnight, and straighten it in the morning (about every other day).  

I never realized how many Maybelline products I use...  Are you brand loyal?  Am I doing this all wrong?  Give me some tips!
april

No comments:

Post a Comment