Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #2

Wow, this one is a hard one: The story of your life in 300 words or less.
My life has been fairly unremarkable.  I’ve always been a high achiever, always told I was smart.  Graduated college without much difficulty, grew up in a stable home with great family.  Never really had to try too hard, and learning came pretty easily for me.  Got a job that I didn’t love, but it was just good to have a job at that point.  After college I decided I wanted to start meeting guys, since I’d always been single and shy, so I joined an online dating site.  There I met my now husband!  We dated for a few years, I up and quit my job and kind of sort of moved in with him (more like me just living there) after finding a new not-great job.  Then he started looking for houses, and to make it more inclusive to me, he proposed.  We found our cute little home and moved in shortly thereafter.  Something happened that altered my life and worldview forever – my mom got breast cancer.  I continued planning the wedding, while she battled it out.  She recovered, and then we got married!  The next seven months have been wonderful, and I am so lucky to be going through this life with him by my side.  My brother moved to South Korea to teach English, which is insane.  And my mom recently had a brain tumor removed, in a surprise twist to my awesome life, and it was one of the scariest things I’ve ever been through.  Now I’m just trying to take it one day at a time, enjoy life as much as possible, and not worry so much about the little things!  Oh, and cook and craft and do my nails as often as I can. 

So there is my thrilling life, for the most part.  

Oh yeah, exactly 300 words!
april

No comments:

Post a Comment