Thursday, April 17, 2014

Crushing it!

While doing the Blog Everyday in April series, I noticed something funny.  The post I wrote that mentioned Candy Crush got a ton of views.  Way more than any other post ever.  I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that the mention of Candy Crush had something to do with that, considering most of the world seems to be addicted!

In that post, I mentioned that I was stuck on level 297, and I am pleased (maybe also ashamed?) to report I finally, finally, finally got 3 stars on that level.  So far I have 3 stars on every level through 320.  That is ridiculous, right?  What is the point?  That's something Dino asks me often, and I have no answer.  It's fun, but often aggravating.  It is something to do while waiting somewhere, but often I start playing it while doing other things and get distracted.

It's so funny how silly things like that game can connect people.  A friend asked if I was "crushin' it" while on my phone awhile back, and I thought that was funny.  Conversations start around the topic more frequently than I like to admit.

I know it's probably just a fad too, and all the time I've spent on that silly game (and some money, though I really try not to spend anything!) will be wasted, just like with other silly games of the past.  Yet I can't seem to stop pulling out my phone and trying get that third star on every level.

Do you play Candy Crush?  Are you addicted?  Or do you laugh at people like me who get so sucked in?

No comments:

Post a Comment