Sunday, April 6, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #6

Today we're talking about life changing events.  What is the biggest event that has ever happened in your life, something that changed your life dramatically?
Hmm.  Meeting my now-husband was a really big thing.  Before him, I felt kind of ugly, unwanted, undesirable...  I thought something was wrong with me since I hadn't had a real boyfriend.  (I told my mom I had a date once, and she asked if it was with a boy or a girl...  I'm pretty reserved when it comes to relationships, I guess!)  But then I met this guy, and he actually wanted to spend time with me, and see me like, every weekend, and he asked if he could call me his girlfriend!  Not only that, but he was an amazing guy, smart, funny, super good looking, and just easy and fun to be around!  I really feel like I hit the jackpot with him.  And when he proposed, I was so elated, I honestly never thought I could ever be unhappy again!  (Yes, naive, but that's how much joy I was feeling!).

This is how I felt getting engaged.  And married, I suppose!  Photo by Jenny GG

I think the other thing that changed my life dramatically was getting that phone call just a few weeks ago and hearing that my mom had a tumor in her brain.  That was honestly the worst.  Worse than hearing she had breast cancer even.  It felt like nothing would ever be okay ever again, that the world was a cruel cruel place and it just wasn't worth it anymore.  It was such a weird time.  I feel different still, a little less carefree, a little more burdened.  But we'll make it through, I'm confident.  I am seriously blessed beyond belief to have a husband like Dino who is so understanding and the best support I could ever ask for.

So those two things changed my life for the better, and maybe for the worse.

I'm sure everyone has had some big life events, what has happened to change your life dramatically?
april
http://afreshstartonabudget.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/april.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment