Monday, April 28, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #28

Today I'm looking waaaay back...  Share a favorite childhood memory.
Do most people have a bank of childhood memories they just draw upon at will?  I feel like I remember things that are related to what is currently going on, and it's tough to think of something on the spot like this.

One random memory I have is when I was about 8 or so, I put on a winter jacket and found like, $5 in the pocket!  It was a winter day, but for some reason the ice cream man was driving through the neighborhood.  I used my $5 to buy some ice cream, ate it outside, and stuffed the wrapper down the storm drain so my parents wouldn't know!  Totally weird, and I am pretty confident it actually happened, though it seems pretty unlikely.

I also have lots of wonderful memories of going to Disneyland with my family.  One trip we ran into our neighbors who lived behind us, and we went on Splash Mountain together.  Another time my brother and I tried to ride Pirates of the Caribbean as many times as possible; I think we rode it about 15 times.  And we also were there right after the Indiana Jones ride opened, and the line stretched all the way out of Adventureland and into Main Street.  It was crazy!

I don't really have any long and complicated memories, apparently!  What are some of your favorite childhood memories?  Do you want some ice cream and to go to Disneyland as much as I do now?
april

No comments:

Post a Comment