Friday, April 11, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #11

Oh boy, this is something I've thought a lot about and Dino and I have discussed quite a bit!  If you could live anywhere in the world for a year, where would that be?

Brisbane at sunset.  Personal Photo
Brisbane, QLD, Australia.  100%.  I've been there 3 times now, and Dino accompanied me on the most recent trip, and we both want to go back.  I love it because it reminds me a lot of home, but better weather and it feels more exciting.  It's easy to get around, people are nice, I love the shopping there, and it's beautiful.  And close to the beach!  Plus a certain friend of mine lives there, and I would love the opportunity to see her more.  

Surfer's Paradise, just a short train ride from Brisbane!  Personal Photo
Something about Australia has always drawn me in, it's just such a cool place.  The native plants and animals are so different from what I know in the US.  The food is slightly different, the weather is different, the seasons are different...  And yet since they speak English it's not hard to feel at home.

What's not to love about a place that has "Hungry Jack's" instead of "Burger King"?  Personal Photo


I want this guy to be my friend!  Wombats are my favorite animal!  Personal Photo
Seriously.  I am ready to pack my bags and go!  Now if we could only find jobs that would make it possible to live there...

How amazing is Australia, for reals?  Wouldn't you like to live there?
april

No comments:

Post a Comment