Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Blog Everyday in April #1

I've been pretty lax around here about blogging consistently.  I wouldn't even dare call myself a blogger, I feel like I am not a part of the secret society.  I hate pushing myself on others, and that goes for this space too.  But I would like to post more, if only for myself.  So I stumbled upon this blog every day prompt, and while I can't guarantee I'll finish it or do it in a timely manner, I like the idea.  
Today's Prompt is: What is one talent you wish you had but you don’t.
I'm always so jealous of people who are social and sell themselves not only in the work world, but in the personal world as well.  That is the one talent I wish I had, the ability to talk to anyone, chat with anyone, make friends easily, and just generally be charming.  I freeze up sometimes in social situations, and am more comfortable in an uncomfortable silence than I should be!  So just knowing what to say and when would be awesome!  Being awkward gets old!  I feel like with practice and effort it should get less awkward and become more natural, but it's tough to break that habit and make the change.  Plus I'm getting old (terrible excuse, but it feels like how I am is how I will always be)!

What talents do you wish for?
april

No comments:

Post a Comment